Monday 6 February 2017

Makeup Revolution Acid Brights | First Impressions + SWATCHES

Hello, Lovelies. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've been building up my eye makeup collection, and decided to invest in a few of Makeup Revolution's palettes. We've all heard of them by now; they're super cheap and typically amazing quality, so they're the first brand I headed for to stock up. Amongst my very grown up palettes, I couldn't let this Acid Brights palette, £4 pass me by.


The colours in this just looked too amazing to pass by. I've noticed I've gotten a bit 'safe' in my makeup lately, so I was eager to get back to the neon shades 18 year old Maxine loved so much. At £4 for 12 shades (that works out at 33p a shade!!) I snapped this up straight away. I've tried a few of the other palettes in this particular range and they've been a bit hit and miss, so this was probably the palette I was the most iffy about trying. However, I've been pleasantly surprised.


note that the bottom picture washed out the swatches a little.

When I first swatched this palette, the first thing I noticed was a few of the shades came out quite chalky and patchy, which made me a bit nervous. In particular, the white, yellow and purple. So, I tried these shades first in some looks and they were like entirely different shadows! They blended so well and weren't patchy at all. 

As for the rest, every other shade I've tried so far has performed well beyond my expectations. The khaki green shade is by far my favourite (I know, not a neon but it's so pretty). They've all been ridiculously pigmented, more so than they've appeared when I swatched them, and they've blended out well. 

The only real negative I've found so far is the shadows are quite crumbly, which means you can get a lot of fallout if you don't tap your brush off well enough beforehand. Again, it's nothing huge as it's manageable, but it's not ideal. 

Overall opinion: I'd 100% recommend this, especially if you're starting out with brighter shadows and/or on a budget. However, it's a great little palette for anyone, I think. There's a few niggles here and there, but nothing huge or unmanageable. 

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

6 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun palette! It'd be perfect for a neon/80s night! I'm really not adventurous with my makeup but I only ever go out to go to work and I don't think they'd appreciate toxic green lids at the office! ;) great review! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you lovely! You never know, it might turn out to be your bosses favourite colour. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Great review! So good how you are getting into bright colours! It's horrible when something comes out chalky! I feel like the colours are quite wearable though, for weekends! Xx

    louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, it's the ideal palette to just add a pop of colour to the lower lashline or something like that. xo

      Delete
  3. I can imagine this would be fun to play around with! Great post lovely :)!

    L xo
    www.lindsaymurrell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! It's definitely a handy little palette to start getting back into playing with makeup. xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx