Wednesday 4 May 2016

The Almost Mid-Year Review | Looking At 2016 So Far

Hello, Lovelies! This was a slightly ad-hoc post. I didn't have this planned, but it popped into my head and who am I to say no to an idea? They don't happen all that often! So, I thought I'd take a look at the first 4 months of the year, review my new year's resolutions, and have a chat about the plan going forward. Let's do this!



One thing I want to discuss is the way that my mental health has played a part in the way the last 4 months have evolved. I mentioned briefly the history of my mental health in this post, and actually felt somewhat better until recently. I find that these things come and go with me. However, I've recently began counselling again, and am making steps to improve that area of my life. Although, of course struggling with your mental health takes it's toll, and I feel like that may be reflected in the way I've attempted to achieve the goals to far.

The first thing I wanted to do was be more organised with my time, which has pretty much been a non-starter! I tried really, really hard, but I'm a creature of habit, and sadly a lot of my habits are bad. This is definitely a goal I need to start working on, though. Hopefully in another 4 months, I can come back and tell you all about my success in managing my time. Until then, though...

I feel like the next two go hand in hand with me: worrying about pleasing myself instead of other's, and accepting that perfect isn't obtainable. I've really been struggling with this one, recently. I very much hold myself to other people's standards rather than my own. I feel like we're all guilty of doing this to different degrees, but this is a recurring theme in my counselling sessions, actually. If I'm happy with x thing, but Person A wants me to do y thing, then x thing is now a failure in my eyes. I think very black and white: perfect and useless, win and fail. I need to start to accept that the grey area exists, and I need to start choosing what shade of grey I am happy with. Something I've been working on in recent weeks, but certainly something that needs to be in the front of my mind in the coming months.

Next is blogging more, which is very hit and miss! I did perfectly, and then things wained. Although, I'm definitely getting the bug back! We'll see how this goes, I've noticed my want to blog varies with my mood, so hopefully things will only get better! Not the achievement I've wanted, but actually, all things considered, I'm happy with that I've achieved with this goal so far.

My final thoughts on the past 4 months as a whole: they haven't gone the way I intended. My motivation has dipped a lot, and life has certainly got in the way a lot more than I planned for. That said, I know that I could've done a lot worse, and actually I feel like I've put in place enough ground work to absolutely kill the next 4 months! 

How have you been getting on with your new years' resolutions? 

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx