Tuesday 26 April 2016

Giant Double Chocolate Cookies | Baking + Recipes

Hello, Lovelies! Little known fact about me: my first job was baking things. I come from a long line of bakers, and my sister is a trained chef. So, it's no great shock that I love to bake in my spare time. These cookies are a firm favourite amongst everyone I know. They're crumblier than your standard cookie, with a slightly crispy, crunchy outside and a lovely moist centre. This plus the fact they're loaded with chocolate, they're the perfect cookie in my opinion. Keeping reading for the recipe (adapted from this recipe)


It's worth noting that I make these into giant cookies. I measure them with a tablespoon, so the balls fit nicely in the palm of my hand (no jokes, please) when I'm rolling them out. For a more 'regular' sized cookie, measure them out with a teaspoon, taking a heaped scoop each time. 

For this batch, I added the chocolate last as I made both milk and dark chocolate cookies, so I split the dough into two bowls and added the separate types of chocolate to each batch of dough, so you can quite easily add the chocolate last if you want to do that. It's easier than making the dough separately. 





What you need: 
200g Margarine
150g Soft light brown sugar
250g Self raising flour
100g Cocoa Powder 
200g Chocolate (I use squares of chocolate from a bar, but by all means use chips or anything else you want)
3-4 tbsp of milk (almond works fine)
3 tbsp Golden Syrup (Optional. I don't use this as I prefer a richer taste, but to sweeten things up add the syrup)

What you do: 
Preheat the oven to 180c, and line 3-4 baking trays. 
1. Beat the margarine until soft, then add the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy
2. Add the flour, cocoa, chocolate and syrup if using, and combine well. 
3. Add the milk a bit at a time until it's a moist but firm dough consistency. 
4. Take spoonfuls of the dough, roll into a ball and place on the baking tray, flattening out slightly. Make sure you leave a lot of room, as they'll spread considerably as they cook. 
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes (8-10 if you're making a 'regular' sized cookie). Once out of the oven, put on a wire rack and leave to cool. 
And, you're good to go now! These can be knocked up in 20 minutes.

Maxine, xo 
Follow Me On:



1 comment:

  1. Ohh these look delicious!
    Thanks for the blog comment too :)

    www.imemmajack.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx