Tuesday 1 March 2016

Everyday Face On A Budget | Affordable Picks

Hello, Lovelies. When I first started blogging, way back when I was 18 and knew nothing (not that that's changed!), it was because I was on a tight budget and I wanted to share my love of "affordable" products. I've always stood by the fact that 9 times out of 10, you don't have to spend a load of money to get good quality. If you're a bit skint, there's a load of products out there for you! So, here's my everyday face makeup on a budget. 



Firstly, the current favourite in the beauty world, Nivea Post Shave Balm, £5.29. I read that this was such a great primer, so I had to get my hands on it. Although in all honesty I can't say this keeps my makeup on any longer, it does make it go on a little bit better, which is always a good thing! 

Next, the biggest surprise for me lately, I Heart Makeup I Am Flawless Foundation, £1.99. For such a cheap price I didn't expect much, but I was wrong! This gives a medium coverage, but lives up to its claim to be super buildable. I can build this up to a full coverage fairly easily, and it doesn't look cakey at all. One thing I will say is this can be quite shiny, and even I powder my full face with this, which is something I don't normally do. 

How could I have a drugstore/affordable makeup post without mentioning the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, £4.19? I get this in the palest shade, and it acts as a great under eye concealer and general highlighting concealer, and gives a pretty full coverage, which is exactly what I'm after! 

After concealer, I'll powder with the MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder, £3. As far as I can see this only comes in one shade, which is super pale/almost white. This is the only powder I've found that isn't super orange on my ridiculously pale face, so if you're pale like me definitely give this a try! 

For eyes, I'll line them with this MUA eyeliner in Snow White, £1. This really opens my eyes up, which is always a good thing. I've mentioned before I always get good results for mascara, so I feel a bit iffy recommending one but if you're interested in what I'm using, it's this Essence Lash princess one, £3. 

For lips, my recent favourite lip duo, the Essence Lip Liner in In The Nude £1 and the Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Lacquer in Move Your Mouth Forever, £3. I'm back in my nude lip phase, and I'm loving these two together. 


On to eyebrows, I've been loving this little duo from Freedom makeup, £3. I got mine in powder Blonde, and I've been loving it. I mix the shades together for the main parts of my brows, and use the darker shade alone for the tail. I can imagine this lasting me forever, I've been using it on a pretty much daily basis for months and I've barely made a dent in it. Amazing value!

Finally, for contouring and highlighting I've been loving this Makeup Revolution Sculpt & Contour kit, £3.50. I actually got this a shade darker than I meant to, and for months have been meaning to pick this up in my shade but I haven't. The contour is a bit dark, but honestly as long as I use a super light hand it works really well. I am in love with the highlighter, though. It's such a beautiful peachy shade, and it's so smooth and blends amazingly. I'd happily buy this again just for the highlighter! 

I hope you enjoyed! What affordable makeup products have you been loving lately? Tell me below, I might be on a spending ban right now but I won't be soon! 

Maxine, xo 
Follow Me On:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx