Wednesday 10 February 2016

Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins Recipe | Healthy 2016

Hello, Lovelies! For a while now I've been trying to eat a lot healthier, and I've fully jumped on the sweet potato bandwagon! I almost live off them, turning them into fries, wedges, baking them, mashing them.. the list is almost endless! But, something I've been loving lately is stuffed potato skins. They're simple, full of veg and goodness, and great on their own or paired with some grilled chicken, baked fish or anything else you want! So, let's get into these little beauties eh?




What You Need (per person):
1 Sweet potato 
2 Spring onions, chopped
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Chilli, finely chopped
2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
Small handful of baby spinach, finely chopped
4-5 cherry tomatoes, diced
1Tsp Coconut Oil
Handful Grated Mozzarella Cheese (optional)

What You Do:
1. Prick sweet potato a few times, and put into an oven at 220C for about 40 minutes (depending on size, I'd check at about the 35min mark for small potatoes, 45 for medium etc)
2. Fry the red onion, garlic and chilli off over a medium heat for a few minutes in the coconut oil, until the onions are soft. Leave to one side. 
4. Once the potatoes are done, scoop out most of the flesh and mix the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese.
5. Place the mixture back into the potato skins, top with the cheese if using and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. 
6. Enjoy!

I absolutely adore these, they're really simple and quick to make but are absolutely packed with flavour and goodness! They're really filling and satisfying, especially in this cold weather, and the best part is they're packed with healthy veg! You can, of course, switch out any ingredients to suit your tastes, but I find this combination works every time for me! 

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx