Saturday 13 February 2016

New Year Fitness | Tips + Tricks

Hello, lovelies! As you may have already read in my 2016 goals, I'm working towards really improving my fitness this year, which isn't as easy as it sounds! So, I've got some little tips and my "routine", if that's what you want to call it, for slowly adding fitness into your everyday life. 
I cannot stress enough how important it is to see a professional, these are just little things I've found work for me personally. 




First things first, invest in some apps. I've recently posted apps I've been loving, and they're all free (most, if not all, offer in-app purchases). The 2 I'd recommend that go really well together are MyFitnessPal and Sworkit. MyFitnessPal tracks how many calories you've burned in your workouts that day (and how many you've eaten, if you want to plug that info in, plus a lot of other good stuff), and Sworkit offers a range of pre-picked workouts, ranging from yoga, cardio, and strength, plus stretches too. You can choose any time from 5 minutes up to an hour or more, and it tells you how many calories you've burnt at the end (and plugs that info straight into MyFitnessPal if you let it, saving you the trouble). 

Next, is to start slow. If you're starting from nothing, it's very easy to think "oh, I'll do all these things and it'll be great", only to be too tired to make it through either a workout that's too grueling in itself or just simply too tired/sore/disheartened from a previous workout to do the next. I personally work in a lot of smaller workouts that push me without pushing me past my limits, with the intention to build up to a bigger, more intense workout when I'm capable. 



Fit in workouts where you can. Everyone's got time to fit in workouts if you really want to. We've all heard the "get off the bus a stop earlier, take the stairs" schpeel so I'll spare you, but it really does count! Another tip is to make use of the smaller workouts on Sworkit (and similar apps). Do a 5-minute workout during the ad break, fit in a 10-minute workout when you get home from work/uni etc and it'll all add up, and you'll be surprised by the difference it makes! 

Have a rest day or two! I personally have a rest day through the week (mine's Thursdays), but fit it in whenever you feel works best for you. You definitely need time to let your muscles rest and repair, and yourself too. You'll feel so much more rejuvenated and ready to go the next morning when you're less sore and tired. 

Finally, find what works for you! If walking, jogging or running is for you, that's great! If you despise that, but love Zumba, that's great too! Don't push yourself to do a workout you hate, you'll only end up really dreading it. 

Of course, share any links you have in the comments, as well as anything you'd add!

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx