Friday 22 January 2016

January Superdrug Haul | Recent Purchases

Hello, Lovelies! We've all been making the most of the recent sales I'm sure, and the first place I hit was Superdrug. My love of Makeup Revolution was too strong! I actually ended up picking up a lot of bits and bobs I didn't need/want/know existed; but isn't that always the case? I've already had a lot of this stuff for a few weeks, so I'm hoping to have reviews/looks etc up ASAP. Hopefully... 


Firstly, I picked up the I Heart Makeup I Am Flawless Foundation, £1.99. I'm constantly on the lookout for the 'perfect' foundation, and this one caught my eye. I thought, with it only being £1.99, if it's no good there's no harm done. As far as I can tell from the website, there's only 1 shade for this, which is the palest shade they do (almost white) so it's probably not suitable for most people, but if you're pale like me there's an option for you! 

Next, I picked up the Superdrug Tea Tree Nose Strips, £3.99. I suffer really badly with blackheads on my nose, and I'll try anything to get rid of them! You get 5 in the pack, so I figured it's good value for money if they work! This will probably be the next review up, so keep your eyes peeled! 

Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum, £2.69. If I say one more time I've got really dry skin you guys will probably scream. But, I've got really dry skin! Especially in the winter. The combination of cold, harsh weather, constant central heating and a ridiculous amount of junk food consumed over the Christmas period always leads to my skin being even worse than it normally is, so I'm always on the lookout for something that'll give me a moisture hit and not irritate it anymore, and this seemed to tick all of the boxes. 

MUA Extreme Volume Mascara £2. Now, I'm not sure I'll be doing a review of this, mainly because my lashes tend to take quite well to any mascara. Although by themselves they really aren't anything to write home about, I tend to get really good results from most mascaras, so I might not be giving the truest of opinions if that makes sense? But, I still wanted to feature it because I've been loving it. The smell is amazing (like the apple Alberto Balsam haircare) and I haven't noticed any clumping which are the two biggest variables for me, so take that as you will. I would recommend it, for what it's worth. 

Penultimately, we have the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Symphonic, £3. I love these and thought I'd check out what new colours they had as I haven't checked the range in a few months. I picked this up because online it looked like a very grey-toned, slightly darker than lilac shade. In actuality, it's more a dark purple and is actually very similar to Kooky from the same range, which is a darker purple shade. I'll maybe do a comparison on them, but I'll definitely do a review of this!

Finally, we have Freedom Pro Melts in Just Do It, £3. I've got no idea where I'll wear this, or even if it suits me really, but the makeup addict in me saw this beautiful, navy blue shade and just had to have it! It's definitely more of a gloss than a liquid lipstick in consistency, but I'll, of course, go more in-depth on that in the review that'll be coming up soon!

And, that's that! I hope you enjoyed and please leave links to your sales hauls below!

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx