Tuesday 6 October 2015

September Beauty Favourites


Hello Lovelies! My first beauty post of Blogtober, so it's only right that it's a round-up of the products I've been loving lately, right? Right! I've narrowed it down to 5, but there's actually been a lot more than this.


First, we've got my skincare saviour lately, Johnson's Makeup Be Gone Face Wipes, £3.05. I've been obsessed with these, I picked them up not really thinking when I was desperate for some new facewipes, and I'm in love with these. It's not often I really love using facewipes, they kinda just do their job and it's neither one thing nor the other. I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. Just me? Anyway, I'm truly obsessed with these, they've done wonders for my weather-beaten skin. I've had the worst dry patches, and since I've been using them they've really cleared up. One thing to be aware of is they leave a little bit of a residue on your skin, which I'm personally not too bothered by, especially 'cause I'll cleanse my face after using them anyway. But, if that's something you're not keen on, be aware.


Next up, we've got Makeup Revolution's Sculpt and Contour Kit in Ultra Ligh/Medium C04, £3.50. I actually meant to pick this up in C01, but for some reason went a shade darker and ended up with C04. In itself, the blusher doesn't really suit me and the contour is obviously a bit dark but I've been loving this highlighter. It's a lovely peachy tone, and the shimmer isn't too harsh but leaves such a nice glow. I'd absolutely buy this in the right shade, because the formula is lovely, but I'll probably buy this again purely for the highlighter.


Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in Light, £7.99. Again, this was another on-a-whim purchase I made when my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection ran out and they didn't have another one. I'd heard good things about this, but I was a bit hesitant just because all the other concealers I've tried haven't stood up against my Collection one. Until this one. I'm truly in love, if I'm being honest, I wouldn't say it's better but it's certainly on par, which is quite the compliment coming from me! As you can see, I've made quite the dent in it, and I'll definitely be picking up another one. This shade is just slightly too dark for me, but not obviously so. So, that might be something to keep an eye on if you're as pale as I am!


Finally, my one true love of the month, Avon's Ultra Colour Matte Lipstick in Matte Grape, £5. I've always been a lover of bold lips, but this has barely been off them lately! I either swing between this and a nude lippie, but I'll be doing a fall lips post later in Blogtober, so you can read more about that then. This shade is such a perfect burgundy colour, and I get such a long wear time on it. I can easily go all morning and into the afternoon before I have to touch it up again. Absolutely my favourite makeup product of the month.

What have your recent favourite products been lately? Leave me links, I love to have a nosey at what everyone's been loving!

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx