Friday 9 October 2015

Recent TV Loves

Hello lovelies! As I've mentioned in previous posts, I do love a little bit of TV. Just a bit! So, I thought I'd share what I've been loving recently with you guys, 'cause I know I love reading what shows everyone else has been loving.


First up, we've got NY Med. I love a medical show - fake or real - and after downloading the entire series on Sky On Demand I've been binge watching this before bed. This is set in a NY Hospital and follows the real-life staff and patients. It's absolutely fantastic, like Grey's Anatomy and 24 Hours in A&E all rolled into one. If you like either of those, definitely give this a watch if you haven't already.


Next, probably the show that's had me most gripped through this entire month, Eye Candy. I was in two minds about watching this when I saw the adverts - it looked great, but often when a TV show looks great on the adverts, they've showed the best bits then, you know? But, I gave it a go anyway and I am hooked. I've heard that this has actually already been cancelled in America, and am personally putting forward the idea that Netflix should pick it up and give it a second season.


Now, and oldie but a goodie - Educating Cardiff. For anyone who hasn't come across this before, we basically follow the staff and students of a school - this time Willows High School in Cardiff - through the academic year. I've loved the previous Educating... series', but this is my favourite for one reason and one reason only - the staff. I'll be the first to admit that as a student I didn't fully appreciate the efforts my teachers went to. Few of us did, if I'm being honest. But, the staff in this school are amazing for two reasons, in my opinion. Firstly, they care. You see Mr. Hennessy in particular going above and beyond for countless students - I suspect any and all of them - and giving them chances where I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't. Second, and in my opinion possibly one of the most important things, is that they didn't all follow the same education path you see. In my school at least, it was very much you get your GCSE's, they're what you're stuck with, you either get A Levels or you go to work. No in between. I'll go more in-depth in another post maybe about why this matters to me in particular, but I think it's important for the students to see that sometimes, things just don't work out like that, but there's always a way.


Finally, I couldn't very well not mention Casualty could I? I feel like I leave this out a lot, but I've been gripped for my entire life on this show! One of my earliest memories is me being absolutely devastated when Sam was pushed over that balcony. That must have been 20 years ago now! The recent double weekend episodes had me absolutely gripped. I didn't know whether to be more upset at Dylan being on the boat, Charlie and his heart attack or the Zax pairing being blown apart! I had full Casualty weekends with snacks and everything. I am that gripped. Kind of like Britain's Grey's Anatomy or ER, this was my first trip into medical dramas, and will always be my favourite. Sorry, Mer! And,McDreamy and McSteamy don't hold a candle to the Hardy/Knight brothers.

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx