Thursday 26 March 2015

The Furry Friend Tag | All About My Main Man!

Hello lovelies! If there's anything you need to know about me, it's that I love my dog. I'm one of those crazy dog owners who put their dogs in costumes and think know their dog is the best dog to have ever walked the face of the Earth. So, this tag was one of the tags I've been most eager to do on this little blog, and I've finally gotten around to doing it!


 What is your pet’s name? This little man is called Kaiser. I actually had his name picked out before I picked him out! 
What kind of pet is it and what breed? He's a dog, and his breed is a German Shepherd.
How long have you had your pet friend? A little over 2 years.
How did you get your pet? That's actually an unusual story. I got my little man for my 20th birthday, way back in 2013! Of course, I don't advocate getting a pet on a whim as a gift, but we'd been discussing it for a while. I actually think my mum planned it because my Golden Retriever - goldie - was in very poor health, I'd had him a little over 12 years by this point, and I think she knew that having Kaiser around would make the house seem a bit less empty without him, and ease the blow of losing Goldie.
How old is your pet? He was 2 on the 2nd December last year. 
What are some quirky things about your pet’s personality? Oh, my goodness! Kaiser has most certainly got his issues - he suffers a lot with separation anxiety and he's very reactive in public after getting bitten by another dog about a year ago - and one thing I want to make clear is that pets aren't always easy. They're hard work, especially if they have issues like my little man. Kaiser's issues are an ongoing battle, with a lot of time and effort from not only us but a trained behaviourist. I may or may not do a post on that one day, if you guys would be interested? But, it's not all doom and gloom! He's the softest thing, if I'm on the sofa not paying attention to him, he'll sit and watch me like in the photo above. Also, he loves getting dressed up! He was a bee this year, and also had a skeleton jumper for his walks. 

Isn't he the cutest bee ever?!


What does your relationship with your pet mean to you? Oh, if you haven't guessed already, he's one of the most important things in my life. I always joke with people that he's more important than most of the humans in my life, but it's true. I feel like until you've had a pet you don't understand that bond, but he's my world. 
What are some of your favorite past times with your pet? I love just playing with him. His favourite are games of tug, but he likes to chase after things too. Our favourite game is hide & seek! I love training him, too. He's an absolute pleasure to train, he picks things up quickly. I like training him the useless tricks, like balancing food on his nose or paw, and things like that. 
Balancing half a gravy bone on his nose!

What are the nicknames that you call your pet? Kaiser is a bit of a clumsy nightmare, really. So, in this house he gets called Wreck It, like Wreck It Ralph. He doesn't do things deliberately, but sometimes things just happen and suddenly he's surrounded by a mess! 

Have you guys got pets? Have you done this tag? I'd love to read your versions if you have! 

Maxine, xo
Follow Me On:



6 comments:

  1. This is sooo adorable. Look at him with his little gravy bone :)
    I have 2 wee doggies that live with me & my partner-they were his before we met. And I have FOUR labs and two mini schnauzers down at my parents home, it's like a zoo sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Gill x EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my idea of heaven! We've got 3 cats and a Lhasa Apso as well, but Kaiser's well and truly my baby! xo

      Delete
  2. Awww he's so adorable! I'd love a dog, but I'm quite allergic. Kaiser is a fantastic name too! I have two gerbils called Rocky and Momo. I haven't had them long enough to work out their personalities yet but I'm looking forward to getting to know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Awwwh, I've never had gerbils, they're adorable though. xo

      Delete
  3. N'awww he's so adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx