Tuesday 10 March 2015

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs | Recipe

Hello lovelies! Today I've got a recipe I've been so excited to share with you guys. I adapted this from Lucy Mecklenburgh's Be Body Beautiful, just by playing with the recipe and finding what I liked best. They're also just as delicious without the mozzarella!  I love cooking food from scratch, and in an effort to eat clean(er!) I've been really turning to home-made food, and this book has been an absolute Godsend! This is real comfort food, but with the added bonus of being healthy! 


As you can see, I served these with a baked sweet potato and a salad, but they're super versatile and you can really put with with pretty much anything! 

Recipe:
200g mince 
1 tbsp chopped chives 
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 
1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped 
Pinch of salt 
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika 
1 tbsp coconut oil 
60g of mozzarella, chopped into 8 equal pieces. (If using) 








Method: 
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 8. Add all of the ingredients except the mozzarella to a bowl, and mix together. Form the mixture into balls (I found about 2 teaspoons of the mix made the size I wanted), push 1 piece of mozzarella into the centre of the ball and close the ball around it. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake for about 10-15 minutes. 








And, there you have it! It's as simple as that. You can add or takeaway whatever you like to suit your tastes, just like I did. Plus, any leftovers can be frozen for a later date! 

What foods have you been loving lately?
Much Love, Maxine xo

Follow Me On:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx