Tuesday 24 March 2015

Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation | First Impressions

Hello lovelies! I recently featured a Superdrug haul, and promised I'd do a first impressions for each product. Well, today is the first impressions for the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude




This has had a lot of blogger and vlogger hype recently, so I absolutely had to pick it up as soon as I could. If you follow me on any kind of social media or have just had a quick glance at this blog before, you'll have heard me moan on constantly mention once or twice that I've been having a bit of a foundation nightmare recently. Even foundations I've been in love with for years just haven't been working with my skin, so I've been in quite the dilemma! 

First things first, the texture of this is absolutely the strangest thing I've experienced; in a good way! It's a fairly full coverage foundation but it doesn't feel like you're applying anything at all. I'm used to full coverage foundations being quite heavy and oftentimes even cakey, but this is the total opposite. It's literally like you're applying water to your face. I picked this up in Ivory 10, which was very slightly too dark for me, but nothing that couldn't be worked with.

Next, as I've briefly mentioned above, the coverage is fairly full coverage. For me, at least, it sat on the line between medium and full, but was easily buildable in areas that I found weren't quite covered the way I'd have liked. 


In term of longevity, I actually got a lot of wear out of this before I noticed it wearing off. It wore off evenly, not in patches around my cheeks like most foundations have been tending to for me lately. 

As much as I loved the L'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation, I think this may well be my new favourite! I will of course be doing a full review once I've used this more, and had the chance to test it in different situations. But, as first impressions go, this has been a pretty damn good one!

Have you tried this foundation? What foundations have you been loving lately?

Maxine, xo
Follow Me On:



1 comment:

  1. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely post though, adding you to my favorites..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx